Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Green Your Halloween: Costume Ideas




Every year for Halloween we always made our own costumes, sometimes it was our own creations and other times Mom got in there for detailed preparations. We could always take from what we had and come up with the most inventive costumes. I got one daughter through on homemade costumes but my sons are always struck with overwhelming desire for Spiderman, Power Rangers or something that I have not yet figured out how to make. I just have trouble stomaching the price of the costumes that will be worn once or twice and fall apart so easily.

As I began researching cool projects to intrigue my children, I ran across several great ideas, those "why didn't I think of that" kind of thing. Costume Swapping is among the best. You can check out registered locations at Green Halloween or even register your own swap. This site offers wonderful tips on how to organize your own neighborhood swap. National Costume Swap Day is schedule for this Saturday, October 9th. If you can't make it to a Costume Swap or just don't have time to get one pulled together don't forget good old Craigslist. It is always possible to find just what you need. Other awesome costume ideas can be gathered from Homemade Halloween Costumes. If you are looking for a clever book to sit and share with your children for Halloween and make believe any other time of the year Glue and Go Costume for Kids: Super Duper Designs with Everyday Materials is available at many bookstores. I am excited this year to see what we will come up with.

No comments: